Bessie
Bessie asked in SportsRugby · 9 years ago

Will this jinx the All Blacks?

As well as supporting the All Blacks during the RWC, I was also supporting the Irish. So on whiteboard it says, "Let's go, Ireland, let's go!"

I also have an Irish flag on my bedroom wall.

Should I clean the whiteboard and take down the Irish flags, or will the All Blacks still win with the evidence of of my Irish fandom still lurking about?

• Swoope
    Favorite Answer

I'm not sure, but with the Scottish win over the Wallabies it will only do the world of good for their European counter-parts, All Blacks need to win and with the team they've named they should do the job however shouldn't underestimate the Irish, last time they didn't take the opposition seriously was 2009 v France then they lost a few other games that year. Hansen also needs the victory to solidify his choice of Piir Weepu over Andy Ellis (Ellis has been sublime!) and the inclusion of some oldies, and show he's learnt a lot from being assitant.

All Blacks team vs Ireland for game one:

Israel Dagg, Zac Guildford, Conrad Smith, Sonny Bill Williams, Julian Savea, Dan Carter, Aaron Smith, Kieran Read, Richie McCaw (c), Victor Vito, Sam Whitelock, Brodie Retallick, Owen Franks, Andrew Hore, Tony Woodcock. Reserves: Hika Elliot, Ben Franks, Ali Williams, Adam Thomson, Piri Weepu, Aaron Cruden, Ben Smith.

i think it will be blacks