How can i delete an old Facebook account and create a new one using the same E-mail?

I want to delete my old Facebook account and start over with a new one but when I try to delete the old page and sign up for a new one it says 'there is already an account associated with this e-mail'.

Favorite Answer

You can't use the same e-mail.

Edit: The people that are saying deactivate your account are also right, that will hide your facebook account so nobody can view it. But you still won't be able to use the same e-mail. It doesn't really "delete" your account it basically just hides it from everyone until you login next.

If you want to start completely fresh you need a new e-mail.

Source(s): I've tried before

I want to delete my E-mail account

Go to settings to the right of the 'Home' button, which looks like a small arrow.

1. Click 'Account settings.'

2. Click 'Security.'

3. Written in blue toward the bottom, should say, 'Deactivate your account." Click it.

4. Enter your password, and confirm.

you would have to wait about 4 weeks (without logging in) until the old account is deleted

https://ssl.facebook.com/help/contact.php?show_for...

facebook does not want you doing things like this

i need to change my email address to a new one can you help me