promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

pokemon hidden power?

im raising a pineco in pokemon silver (genII) and im trying to find out my pokemons hidden power before i teach it the move so i know its a bug type.

is there a calculator or generator thatll let me find it out?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Hidden Power is a difficult move to determine. There's a long equation to actually get the type. It all depends on you're Pokemon's IV stats. You would be able to check with a person in Celedon City, but unless you've gotten that far in the game, its waaay more complicated. Another way is to fight Kecleon, but seeing that you're using Silver, you wouldn't be able to do it that way.

Anyways if you are trying to find out, the equation is

Type = (HP + Atk + Def + Spe + Sp.Atk + Sp.Def) * 15 / 63

0 Fighting

1 Flying

2 Poison

3 Ground

4 Rock

5 Bug

6 Ghost

7 Steel

8 Fire

9 Water

10 Grass

11 Electric

12 Psychic

13 Ice

14 Dragon

15 Dark

Remember though, these are IV stats. Since IVs are hard to calculate (or even impossible in some circumstances), players often have trouble finding out the power and type of this strange move.

Source(s): http://pokemon.neoseeker.com/wiki/Hidden_Power http://www.serebii.net/games/hidden-power.shtml ~There's a difference between Hidden Power and Secret Power, which is determined by area.~
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

Good it is a trump card; folks just do not see a Dragon move coming from a Pikachu. Now not announcing it is invariably the exceptional move or whatever but when you've got an electric style out already and your opponent drops a ground type on you, it is excellent to have a water or grass kind hidden vigour rdy to, however it's incredibly situational. Of path it is enormously tricky to breed for special IVs needed (i would wager most individuals who would demand having hidden vigor also hack their Pokemon) and it could conveniently go against the strengths of the Pokemon you are trying to instruct for stats.

• 8 years ago

well im surprised there are people still playing that game its freaking amazing and well to your answers hidden power depends on the environment and its kind of a weak attack but it can paralyze so yeah go for it teach it to pineco.

• 8 years ago

Not in those old games. The only real method is via process of eliminiation.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.