can I use an actual famous person's name like melissa joan hart or whoever in a story im writing?

I'm not sure if I do use their name would i get sued or something

Update:

Okay so if i write it like this Bethanne desires to become a great actress like Melissa Joan Hart, what would happen

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I would change the name but have the description like them if you want to use that or use their name and change the description so It looks nothing like them.. But unless your book makes it big you won't need to worry. And if using melissa Joan hart I would shorten it to mellisa hart..

To use them as an example is a different story - you can do that :)

• ?
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

If you're writing them as a character, then yes, you good be sued. They aren't characters...they are real people....alive or dead.

If you write about a real person and it's fiction, you need permission.

• clo
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

hi -woman. widely used. Junior. Blonde. short. Blue eyes. smart. prepared. scholar council. Has the suited boyfriend. wealthy. Deep down, has matters with herself approximately having a advantageous existence (bringing interior the quote "money does not purchase happiness.") (BRITTANY OR BRIDGET) -Boy. Tall. Muscular. Swimmer. Ash blonde. green eyes. dating the girl above. smart. drawn to historic previous. Romantic. powerful. acquaintances with all of us. (AUSTIN OR TYLER -woman. honest-skinned. Auburn hair. green eyes. Freckles. stylish form. midsection-type. scholar council. widely used. Very friendly. chief of many golf equipment. Volleyball participant. woman above's terrific buddy. (SAMANTHA OR HAILEY) -woman. Unpopular. Belongs to a loner club. Shoulder-length dark brown hair. very stable artist. Sketching is her hidden skills. Wears glasses. Has braces. ( Genevieve OR Gretchen) -woman. widely used. Slutty. Hits on the 1st woman's boyfriend. Gossiper. Black hair. green eyes. Unfriendly. Gymnast. ( TRIXIE, LEANNE OR candy,) -woman. widely used. Wing woman to the girl acceptable above this. Blonde. Blue eyes. Slutty. Gossips. Dumb. Has a stable area to her. She needs to alter herself and her buddy (KAYLA OR LAYLA) -Boy. cute. Artsy. Black hair. Blue eyes. Techy. smart. Has some close acquaintances. females do no longer pay him plenty interest. scholar council. ( GABE OR CHRISTIAN) -Boy. cute. Tan. Surfs. long brown hair. White enamel. Blue eyes. Freckles. Muscular. Water polo participant. in no way will pay any interest to the females that fall throughout him.(CAMERON, JOEL OR JACOB -woman. Alcoholic. mom to the 1st woman. Smokes. continuously says she's chuffed. Spends too plenty money. Ignores her daughter. crimson hair. Frazzled. ( BEV OR ANNETE ) -Boy. Troublemaker. youthful brother to the 1st woman. Does drugs. Sophomore. drinks. Thinks his sister is lame. ( BRADLEY OR RILEY) -Boy. Father to first woman. continuously long gone on corporation journeys. money is often on his strategies. hardly cares approximately his youngsters. ( LAWRENCE, EDWARD OR CHARLES stable success on your tale wish I HELPED YOU some :)

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

You can because you'll never get famous, and nobody well ever read your book.:)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • arw
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

something

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.