Why do I keep getting disconnected from Need for Speed World?

For the past few days, I've been getting disconnected from Need for Speed World left and right. I've been getting the "servererror_fatal_errorcode_7" dialog box when it disconnects me. Apparently this has to do exclusively with my internet losing connection with the game's server? Apart from this my internet connection has been fine. I'm still able to access any websites I want and to my knowledge this isn't happening with any other games, so this is confusing me to no end. I already made sure the game launcher was allowed through my firewall, as well as allowing the ports associated with the game through the firewall and my router. I have Avast Antivirus, but the game's already in the exclusions list there, as well. Speaking of the ports, when I go to any of those port testing websites it tells me that all the ports I enter are closed, even if I have the game open. I mainly get disconnected when I'm in the safehouse and, lately, in the middle of pursuits. I re-installed the game, but that did nothing, as I expected it wouldn't. The router I'm using is a D-Link DIR-601 and my OS is Windows 7 64-bit.

Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure this started up after getting the router. Never had this problem before when I played it, so I'm doubting its because of crappy internet.

• DrDave
    Favorite Answer

My first guess would be because you're gaming over a wireless home network. Second would be low rent internet service.