Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetProgramming & Design · 8 years ago

What does WYSIWYG mean as far as Web Design?

I am in a web design class and I am supposed to answer this but the lesson doesn't talk about it. COuld you please tell me what WYSIWYG means as far as web design goes?

Favorite Answer

It stands for 'what you see is what you get'. In general, that refers to an editing environment where the content being edited is displayed in more or less the same way as it will look when it is in use later.

• LDP

WYSIWYG means What You See Is What You Get.

Basically, in web design, there are two main ways you can make a website - you can code it manually or use a program such as Adobe Dreamweaver to insert the content.

Programs such as Dreamweaver are WYSIWYG programs because you can see what you are doing. With coding, it is all letters and you can't see what you are getting until you save it and open the webpage.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): wysiwyg web design: https://biturl.im/2XVgU

WYSIWYG = "What You See Is What You Get"

It basically refers to the ability to edit your design graphically instead of editing the code.

Most CMS tools have both a WYSIWYG (Visual) editor and a text (HTML) editor so that you have the option of both.

What you see is what you get... Many web design programs are those type,where you don't have to type in all the code to layout the page and do what you want on the page. I hope you are learning some basic coding in your web design class as that will help you in the long run. wish you best in your class.

What You See is What You Get.

This term is used in contrast to HTML methods of entering data into a computer system.

HTML-based entry requires you to know HTML, meaning you have to know a special programming language to make formatting alterations.

With WYSIWYG, you don't have to know any special programming languages - you just type it and format things (by, for example, pressing "B" for bold or "I" for italics) and, however it looks to you is how the final product will look.

Normally WYSIWYG is an acronym for what you see is what you get. But it is also a web builder

here is the link to the website:

http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/

what you see is what you get as related to web site designing?