I'm stumped on the title of a black & white movie I saw years ago...it's kinda 'Hitchcockian' in nature...?

It stars a little boy of around 9, his dad works nights- from the fire escape, he sees his mom kiss dad goodbye, & go into the apartment. The little boy starts to crawl into his bedroom window, when he hears men arguing loudly one floor below. His curiousity gets the better of him, so he climbs down & looks through... show more It stars a little boy of around 9, his dad works nights- from the fire escape, he sees his mom kiss dad goodbye, & go into the apartment. The little boy starts to crawl into his bedroom window, when he hears men arguing loudly one floor below. His curiousity gets the better of him, so he climbs down & looks through their window. He sees two men murder another- they spy him peeking, & they chase after him. He tells his parents, but they don't believe him, because he's told them wild stories before--too vague? About all I can remember-oh, big scene in an old warehouse w/ huge wooden rafters, if that helps..it was a Good movie! Would Love to find it!