Automatic transmission vs Manual transmission?

Should i buy a manual transmission car or automatic transmission car

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Depends on which one you want but automatic always makes more sense if you live in a congested town. Automatic could be a bit more expensive that the manual couterpart but would be worth it.

I am posting an interesting link here:

http://appsonwheels.in/blog/2012/03/manual-transmi...

• Login to reply the answers
  • tricky
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Its up to you as there are a mass of fun automatic type vehicles out there as well as manual,the trouble is people see the name automatic and yet have had no or little experience with them and do not appriciate the fact that automatics come in a mass of forms which can be far from placing a car in d and then going.

Often car makers find an automatic type box better suits there cars and we find cars like the Buggati Veryron and the Ferrari Enzo etc with an automatic type setup and this even goes down to cheaper models of cars.

So really the answer is what suits your needs and suits that vehicle better as just because it is offered in a manual form does not make it better.

Source(s): 20 + years on the road driving a mix of boxes.
  • 8 years ago

a manual car is going to be faster, better gas mileage, and funner to drive. an automatic is easier though. im guessing you don't know how to drive a manual so i'd strongly suggest you at least see if someone is willing to teach you. if you do know of anyone that has a manual transmission car, its better if its family then ask them. my best friends dad is teaching me to drive stick on his 94 jeep wrangler and i like driving it. im going to get a manual because im into cars and i find automatics boring to drive.

Source(s): learning to drive manual
  • 8 years ago

the automatic transmissions these days get about the same miledge as manual so if you drive in the city alot i would say auto

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Automatic. Manual may be fun for a week or two... then the "I have to do this every day?" kicks in.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Depends what kinda car it is

• 8 years ago

since you don't already know

automatic

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.