Who invented rock n' roll?

I've asked this question to many different people and I've never gotten a majority of one answer. Some people say it was some guy called "Chuck Berry" with his song "Johnny B Goode." This just can't be correct. It sounds like backwoods country. Or pop or something. I mean,... show more I've asked this question to many different people and I've never gotten a majority of one answer.

Some people say it was some guy called "Chuck Berry" with his song "Johnny B Goode." This just can't be correct. It sounds like backwoods country. Or pop or something. I mean, there's no distortion. There was even some kind of chello or bass fidle I saw in the video.

Some people say it was Elvis, but I don't believe this could possibly be correct either. Again, there is no distortion. Besides, Elvis was a singer. Just one guy. Singing like that had been around for a long, long time. Besides, Rock n' roll couldn't have been created by one man. It could only be a group of people, right? Because rock n' roll is it's own completely unique genre that is defined by the whole effect of the band, not just one player.

I don't think Jimmi Hendrix did it either, he is more like psychedelic.

My answer would be Led Zeppelin. They are the earliest band I have heard of that used true distorted electric guitar and had the right style. I mean, nobody was playing blazing guitar solos one or more times in a song before Jimmy Paige. John Bonham was the first I have ever heard to bash out hard, fast, drumming and wild drum solos. Robert Plant is considered to be one of the best, if not the best rock singer of all time. He practically set the standard for what rock n' roll singers sounded like. And, more importantly, nobody had the style down yet. Led Zeppelin also inspired hundreds of famous rock n' roll bands.

I don't believe that rock in roll was just evolved and not invented. It's just dumb. Rock n' roll exists, therefore, someone had to have been the first to do it. Whether the difference was seconds or years, there had to have been a first. It happened.

That first I believe was Zeppelin. Maybe they were inspired by someone, but whoever that was, they didn't play real rock n' roll and Zeppelin just accidentally did it or intentionally did it and spring-boarded of that other person's idea.

Does anyone agree with me? If not, please give an explanation to show why or it isn't worth anything.
Update: I just have to say this because it's so disrespectful to this band. torterra_maztergod has no idea what he is talking about. Guns n' Roses was not a glam band. They did not wear make-up or do any glam stuff. It's just so disrespectful and rude that it's unbelievable. Plus, his answer looks like... show more I just have to say this because it's so disrespectful to this band.

torterra_maztergod has no idea what he is talking about. Guns n' Roses was not a glam band. They did not wear make-up or do any glam stuff. It's just so disrespectful and rude that it's unbelievable.

Plus, his answer looks like it was copy pasted.

Also, yes rock n' roll needs distorted guitar. Explain how it doesn't, or your answer = nothing.
Update 2: I feel sad for you if all you can see music as is a time signature which is just a bunch of ink marks on paper, and not appreciate it for it's wonderful sound.