john asked in SportsFootball (American) · 8 years ago

High school football team?

I've never played real football before but I really want to next year when I'm in the 9th grade. I am 5'6 or 5'7 and weight 150 pounds.. Should I go join the team and do the conditioning? Also does the high school offer transportation? My parents work all day everyday thank you

Also, based on my height and weight what position do you think is most suitable for me?

• Cu Tie
    Best Answer

Yes, I highly encourage you to join your hgih school freshman football team this upcoming season. It will still not (yet) be too late for you to start playing football.

Based on your height and weight, I believe that the best fit for you is at running back. You have the ideal size for a high school freshman running back.

My best advice for you is to work hard and perform very well in practice every day. In addition, what you need to do this (and every) offseason is eat healthy, exercise by doing weight lifting, and either jogging or going for a long run every day. If you do these things, you will get faster, stronger, and into better shape, which will greatly improve your chances of becoming a successful, top notch high school football player.

By the way, your high school will provide you with transportation to games.

You should definitely participate in your schools conditioning program.. You will be able to start bonding with other team mates and start working together as a team.. You don't want miss out on getting in shape and falling behind the other players.. I doubt that your school provides transportation so I would suggest finding another form of transportation..

Maybe you can catch rides with team mates.. If you have to then use the local bus system.. Do whatever you can to get there... Good luck...

Join! Its one of the best possible things you can do when starting high school.

When school starts you'll already have a bunch of people you know really well and who knows maybe you'll be good?

Stay dedicated and by the time senior year comes around it will have completely changed your lifestyle.

You should easily be able to find a ride from someone else on the team (everybody else has to get there too)

Source(s): 4 years of high school football

I would start conditioning right now. If you wait until practice you will be way behind and probably puking after the first practice. They are going to weed out the wimps early. You shouldn't have any problem finding someone to get a ride with once you make the team. Until then walk or hop on your bike. For now get on youtube and look for videos on common football training and drills to do on your own. Good luck.