Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

are primewell tires any good?

Favorite Answer

Primewell tires are a medium grade tire..... They are far superior to Walmarts "Douglas tire" brand, better that Firestone FR-380's, Pep Boys Cornell 1000 tires and are far superior to the cheap cheap Goodyear brands.....

They are a decent medium grade tire that aren't too expensive and will give decent service..... No they are not 80000 mile rated Michelins but then again they don't cost that much...... The Primewell car tires I have dealt with do not have a super aggressive tread pattern so aren't the greatest in a snow storm...... The Primewell truck tires have excellent traction in mud and snow and are a good value.... About 30% less in cost over some top name brands......

Overall Primewell tires are a decent medium grade tire.... If your local tire dealer is offering a decent price on them and you are on a budget then consider them..... I would suggest against the passenger car tire if you live in a state with heavy snow..... But with moderate to no snow then surely consider them....

Source(s): http://www.primewelltires.com/ Me --- The largest used tire dealer in the area..... Unlike a new tire dealer - I am at the used end of the tire business and can tell the junk from the good stuff....
  • ?

Primewell Tires

I bought a set of primewells a few months ago 265/55 r20 and they're pretty good, good traction for area with no snow

I'm not picky about tires, the day I got them I did a huge burnout and several donuts

since its just to drive around town or 100- mph on the freeway and waaaaay cheaper than others tires it was a good deal for me

600 for all four tires installed and everything

Called several places that wanted to charge 900+ for all 4 tires

They were good for me and I'll probably buy two more primewells for my back tires as soon as I finish the ones I got now

I live in a region with little to moderate snow in the winter. I was a full time courier in the last decade, up to 60 hours a week, and bought Primewells from Firestone on more than one occasion. They're made in China, and surprisingly, were dependable enough, but noisy. I never had any "flaking" of tread that I was aware of, and usually got 40,000 to 50,000 miles out of them without any problems. The pricepoint is generally better than Walmart brands.

They shed. I have had two tires lose patches of tread. I forgot to tell the Firestone folks NOT to use them when I replaced my tires so i am stuck with the new ones for this year. but getting rid of them ASAP. My driving style is rather conservative. Stick shift so coast to stops, gentle on the brakes. Rarely go above 70. They are NOISY.

Better than Primewell Tires:

http://amzn.to/1QIXFCG

• ?

You are getting exactly what you pay for and not a penny more. If you are at all discerning about the tires (and it certainly sounds like you are) then you may not be happy with them. They ain't no Michelin's. If you live where it snows then forget it - any traction you get in snow is purely accidental.

Otherwise Primewell's are black, round, hold are and are durable enough.

Source(s): hope i helped

WHAT?? WHAT did you say?! I can t hear over the volume of these tires, they are SO NOISY!!! I bought the Valera Touring, but they should be called Volume Touring, cuz the noise is off the scale! I can t hear the radio, hold a conversation, let alone hear myself think! My husband and I have owned many vehicles of all types, and these tires are the worst we ve ever owned!!! If you buy them, don t say I didn t warn you!

worst tire i have ever bought same as everyone above. from minute one that i pulled out of the dealership noisy as hell, then winter came and its almost like driving on slicks. i thought nokian were bad until i bought these tires would never recommend these tires to anyone.

Garbage tires for sure