Do you remember Sarah Vaughn?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rtt1WykHqg

Youtube thumbnail

This was a great song, and we never heard much from her after this. "Broken Hearted Melody" from 1959.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

How could anyone forget her? Her career went on well into the 1980s. Grammy award winner. Emmy award winner. American Jazz Hall of Fame. Hollywood Walk of Fame, She performed for Presidents Lyndon Johnson and Gerald Ford. Recorded seven jazz albums in the 1970s for Norman Granz's famous Pablo label. And Played with fellow legends Billie Holiday, Charlie Parker, George Shearing, Erroll Garner, Dave Brubeck, Ray Brown, Benny Carter, Quincy Jones, Dizzy Gillespie, Count Basie, Dinah Washington, Oscar Peterson, and others.

A wonderful voice, an enchanting stylist, and one of the all-time greats. Here she is doing a delightful version of "I Can't Give You Anything But Love"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA9mxA9B0OQ

Youtube thumbnail

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

Oh-Sarah Vaughn is a classic. I can hear her voice and know I will enjoy hearing her sing. I cant remember half of the present day singers.but I'll always remember Sarah Vaughn.

• 8 years ago

'broken hearted..'is the only I know by her. That was/is a very good song

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Vaughan*

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • PAMELA
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Yes, i think it was her last hit,i always thought she was a very underrated singer,ella fitzgerald overshadowed her a lot,and peggy lee too.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

great singer and person.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.