Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 8 years ago

Why are the vast majority of individuals so ridiculously shallow and ignorant?

I am not the smartest person in the world. I admit to that much but I have attained a significant amount of wisdom in my 32 years of life. I have never known a day without hardship in it and have always struggeled to excel at most things but I do know one thing. I know that when we die all of these shallow things that most of us run after and strive so hard to attain will be meaningless.

From what I see. Most of us digging our own material, shallow graves with possessions and attempts to better ourselves aesthetically and materially. I believe that when most of us are on our death beds we will gravely regret the way we spent our lives. We will regret that will failed to see the finer print in things and see life as a whole instead of through beer goggles, so to speak.

Favorite Answer

It's what we've been taught to be like. It's not our faults. Everyone is shallow, but there are ways of teaching yourself to be less ignorant and shallow. That's what I do.

Well, I think it is because looking great is what life is all about. Lols, just kidding. It is because it is hardwired into our brains that looking good and doing shallow things enhances our chance or reproducing offspring, so we naturally strive towards those things. Also, when you are on your death bed, you do not regret the things you did, just the things you did not do, so, um, yeah.

Source(s): A bunch of different places.

I agree with you

• Welcome to the society. -