HID question do i need a relay?

k just got HIDs in my silverado, they worked fine the first time turning on now when i turn the key to the on position they will turn on but the pass side take a minute to turn on, then when i start, the pas side will shut off. now if i use my switch to turn the lights on then start it its fine. should i put the... show more k just got HIDs in my silverado, they worked fine the first time turning on now when i turn the key to the on position they will turn on but the pass side take a minute to turn on, then when i start, the pas side will shut off. now if i use my switch to turn the lights on then start it its fine. should i put the relay o get a single power source and better connection to power, would it help.?
Update: i have no choice on turning my light on or off its computer ran i have a running light system that is why.
1 answer 1