What kind of fish get along with goldfish(and don't eat eachother)?

i've had my goldfish for jeez..3 years and he's always been alone so i thought i would get him some friends, i don't want to get a bunch of the same goldfish, i want little fish like guppies but i don't want my goldfish to eat them. are there any colorful breeds of goldfish that i would easily find?... show more i've had my goldfish for jeez..3 years and he's always been alone so i thought i would get him some friends, i don't want to get a bunch of the same goldfish, i want little fish like guppies but i don't want my goldfish to eat them. are there any colorful breeds of goldfish that i would easily find? or any other kind of friendly fish. my fish is about 4 inches, if it matters.
Update: rachel, i thought hipsters died out already D:
and my goldfish is some breed i forgot what it's called it's not a koi but it's like it, he grows as big as his environment lets him