Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAustraliaOther - Australia · 9 years ago

First time in Australia?

Im planning a trip to Australia this summer and I'm not sure where to go. I'm a single 27 yo male and I enjoy being active. I would love to learn how to surf, I enjoy being outdoors and adventure sports, hiking, skydiving, and good music.

Id like to get to know Australian culture and their cuisine. Not worried about hooking up. If it happens then all the better.

Any advice or info is appreciated. if u know anyone who'd like a Latin American friend let me kow!

I'm looking to travel there in a few months

Favorite Answer

Queensland is the place for you.... You can hit the Gold Coast and learn to surf, skydive and rockclimb... and experience the nightlife and maybe some lovely ladies... www.adrenaline.com.au has vouchers for adventure activities for Australia wide.... Also the coupon website www.groupon.com.au has offers for cheap dining and experiences Australia Wide...

Then head west and experience the real australia.

One thing I reccomend is the Chinchilla Melon Festival which is in February 2013... A bush town comes alive for a week long festival. There is heaps to do. and a massive party on the Friday night where they conduct the Miss Melon's Competition. There is Melon eating, Melon Skiing, Melon Juicing, Melon Throwing, and Melon Ironman.... People come from all over the world to experience it.

Source(s): Queenslander

Sydney has some great beaches and some super walks maybe a trip to The Blue mountains while you are there. Look at jetstar for cheap flights to The Gold Coast . You can swim and surf all year around there and some of the worlds best Surfers come from there. Then if its between april and september then head North into the tropics and do some exploring on the great Barrier reef from Cairns or some Island hopping around The Whitsunday islands.

The most recommended place to visit for first-timers in Australia is YARRA VALLEY. You'll enjoy lots of scenic views and lots of fun activities like strolling through wildlife parks but the most exciting thing to do is the winery tours. If you want to get an idea of what a trip to this wine region would be like, you can click here at http://www.experienceyarravalley.com.au/ to find out more.

Probably one of the best places to go is Sydney, they have alot of great beaches like Bondi beach,its a well known beach in Australia.You can learn how to surf and all those things, its winter now so its best to go in summer, if your from america then it would be summer over there,when its winter over there, its the best time to go to Australia because it would be summer over here.

• Neil

What summer? Our summer or your summer?

Our winter has now started so your timing is critical on where you should visit.

Neil,he said in "a few months",not these months!