Help! I am an American traveling in Ukraine (Kiev) and need an AC adapter for my beard trimmers.?

Hello all you beautiful people!

I blew the original one after forgetting to switch it from 240 to 120. (such a silly mistake, ugh...)

I know exactly what I need - I need a "universal" AC adapter.

I remember buying a similar "universal" AC adapter in the states from a Radio-Shack type store which had a switch with different voltage outputs (1V, 1.5, 1.75, etc...) and came with tips of all different sizes to fit into a variety of electronics.

That is what I was hoping to find as I spent today visiting various electronics stores. I was unsuccessful. The sales associates failed to understand what I needed. So, I tried to just walk around the stores and see if maybe I could spot something like that, but I didn't.

What I really need is to find a store like Radio Shack here in Kiev so I can go in and pretty much find it myself. Any tips or leads on where to go would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks :)

And I hope you continue having a beautiful day.

• Say
    Favorite Answer

IF your are using one that drives the motor you will still have an issue. as they use 50HZ and not 60HZ, and that is hard on motors. If your is a charged one, check to see if it reads 100/250 V and 50/60HZ.

After that go to either El Darado, or Fox trot.

Source(s): Lived in Kherson for sometime.

Geographically, Kiev rests at the hub of Europe and is a completely different world but you can now it better if you begin from with hotelbye . Kiev could be the capital of Ukraine and is probably the most wonderful town of all the post soviet countries. It is a city of everything you least expect. Kiev is an ancient city wherever previous matches new and east matches west. One of the points you can see in Kiev is the St. Cyrill's Monastery. This monastery was absolutely off-the-beaten track. That small church is really as old as time, relationship back once again to 12th century. Paintings of the famous Mikhail Vrubel get you into a different world. And the fact that the Monastery is from the key tourist sites in Kyiv is likely to make the ability even more humbling and inspirational.

• John

You might try contacting the American or Canadian embassies. Their staff have all had to deal with power conversion, and may know a local store that would have what you need.