Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 8 years ago

Can you Love John Lennon's music but still be a Conservative?

I love John Lennon's music. But i find myself really annoyed but "liberals". I feel they can be rude extreme and judgmental unless you agree with their views.

I know Lennon was known to be a free Spirit but he also practiced love, patience & acceptance for everyone no matter their views.

Am i a hypocrite or do i just happen to have awesome taste in music?

Favorite Answer

i would say the political spectrum has your head in a noose if your worried about what your music is compared to the political side of things. Conservative and Liberal sides are for only social issues, if you agree with what they are for then happy day. But to worry about things in your own personal life as to "would this be seen as liberal if i did this" is just a waste of time. You like things because they appeal to you, just like you say you Love John Lennons music. But to worry if listening to his music is liberal would be to them controlling aspects of your life, and you live life according to what you like to do, not by what would be people think. I, would reinforce the fact that Conservative issues should be left to social issues and nothing more.

• chanda

You recognize what they say about tune, "there may be something for everyone." I didn't like even one music on the earth unless I was once 17. I HATE rap, and i don't quite like nation, however i will think of at least 5 songs from each and every style that I can't reside with out. So, no... It can be now not weird.

You have Awesome taste in music And as far as i can tell the Liberals of John Lennon's era was the true liberals I mean they believed in less government not more Government and Unlike these so Called Liberals of today are more Communist and Socialist and are High Jacking The liberals Name So actually You don't need to worry about what the liberals of today say to you because they are Socialist And Communist .And that is what John Lennon"s was against Socialist And Communist He is More Like The Conservative's of today than a liberal of today

Yes of course you can. He was a hypocrite too... against the Establishment yet went on to make millions of dollars and lived the high life (pun unavoidable).

What was it they said about the Blues..... "the Devil has all the best music"

Quite seriously if you don't change your voting intentions as you age and experience different things then democracy is wasted on you.

everyone loves lennon...from all political perspectives...

there is liking the music...and then there is living the life...acting on the wisdom passed to you...

you have awesome taste in music...IMHO...

you are only a hypocrite if you choose to ignore your responsibilities to the greater needs of Society...

For what it's worth, John Lennon and Ronald Reagan were friendly with each other, and Reagan was a Beatles fan.

Only if you ignore the message...

I guess you could always buy the karaoke versions and replace the lyrics?

Ev'rybody's talkin' 'bout

Profitism, Stockism, Dividendism, Moneyism, Return on Equity, Tagism

This-ism, that-ism, ism ism ism

All we are saying is give war a chance

All we are saying is give war a chance

(C'mon)

Ev'rybody's talkin' 'bout

Minister, Sinister, Banisters and Canisters,

Bishops, Fishops, Rabbis, and Pop Eyes, Bye bye, Bye byes

All we are saying is give peace a chance

(Let me tell you now)

Ev'rybody's talkin' 'bout

Tradition, Honor, Religion, Flagellation, Deregulation,

Integrations, mediations, United Nations, congratulations

All we are saying is give war a chance

All we are saying is give war a chance

Ev'rybody's talkin' 'bout

John and Yoko, George W Bush, Ronald Reagan,

Mittens Romney, Bobby Dylan, Tommy Cooper,

Rush Limbaugh, Norman Mailer, Alan Ginsberg, Hare Krishna

Hare Hare Krishna

All we are saying is give death a chance

One moment,just think this for a moment:You can lliteraly do what ever you want.

There is no problem at all.My parents are now workers in a very serious international buisness but used to be hyppies.

• Lennon was conservative by today's lights.

Ok, you like the music. You must hate his lyrics, then. Oh, listen to She's Leaving Home. Listen to Revolution. Listen to Christ, You know it ain't Easy. Try to understand the contempt in which he held "Conservatives." And then remember how he moved out of England and so avoided the taxes.

Still love him?