Dear Seniors, who among our music greats?

who died too young, would have made the most impression on the industry had they attained Seniorhood. George Gershwin and Patsy Cline are my nominees.

• blu
    Best Answer

Buddy Holly

Janis Joplin

Jimi Hendrix

Jim Morrison

Sam Cooke

come to my mind as well as Patsy Cline. Glenn Miller died too soon as well as Gershwin.

• Larry

Buddy Holly

Johnny Horton

Patsy Cline

Eddie Cochran

Jim Reeves

Bobby Darren, Jimmy Rodgers, Jim Croche, Mama Cass Elliott, Buddy Holly, John Lennon, for sure Patsy Cline and Donny Hathaway

Marvin Gaye, Janis Joplin, Pasty Cline

• john

People who have read my answers know that,in my opinion,Buddy Holly is The King of Rock & Roll who died too soon.

Patsy Cline had one of the most powerful female voices in the history of modern music and was one of the first performers to bridge country and pop.

From the doo wop era let me add Frankie Lymon who died of a heroin overdose at the age of 25.He had one of the first falsetto voices of this genre of music.

• Keith

There are so many...I would have to mention Buddy Holly, Richie Valens and The big bopper.

Stevie Ray Vaughn was such an incredible artist that I would have to mention him,.

Of course Patsy Cline, that is automatic. I have to wonder what Hank Williams senior would have been as a senior. I know that there are many many more that I can't bring to mind right now. Good question.

• Most of the young dead pop stars have already been mentioned. Add Gram Parsons to that list. He and Emmylou Harris would have made a lot more great albums together if he hadn't taken too many drugs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BentUYX_OyA

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related

As for G. Gershwin, he is in the genius category. I think you'd have to go back to Mozart to find a musician who accomplished as much in such a short lifetime.

• -

I have to agree about Patsy Cline, a powerful voice, I can't even imagine how many albums and awards she would have had if she had lived to a ripe old age.

Hank Williams

Many greater to come back, Thomas..! Anniversary exhilaration. Your anniversary is a time For sharing your affection; It’s glaring the two considered one of you. Have extremely a deep connection! We deliver happy congratulations And heartfelt desires, too, For happy happiness and love In each little thing you do. by employing Joanna Fuchs