Who is the better drummer overall, Joey Jordinson (Slipknot) or Dave Lombardo (Slayer)?

I believe its Dave but let me know what you think? Just a kind of random question. Thanks for the answers

I like both Slipknot and Slayer. Dave Lombardo absolutely beats Jordison.

Why would you even try to compare these two, they obviously have to different drumming styles, why dont you try comparing 2 Comparable drummer's, so we can answer the question correctly, like Dave Lombardo vs Tom Hunting

Source(s): Metalhead's Opinion

Dave Lombardo is The definitive blue-print of heavy metallic drumming. w/out him all of those nu-metallic bands doesn't sound the same. he's the daddy of the double-pedal kick-assery. no longer to dis-credit Jordison, or the different slipknot drummer, yet Lombardo did it first, and did it surprising. (in words of metallic drumming, no longer rock like Neil Pert.)

• Lars

As much as I hate Shitknot and love slayer, as far as the talent of drummers goes, Joey Jordinson takes it...Dave, alot of times, even on albums, gets out of tempo with his blast beats...

DAVE LOMBARDO. Can't even compare. Lombardo's influence on metal is immense and his style is perfect for Slayer. Jordison is boring, unoriginal, and just plain garbage. Listen to his drum solos, they're horrible. Also listen to him rehearsing some of his songs, that's garbage too.

I don't know which one is better but I'd give my voice to Dave Lombardo. SLAYER is real music, SLIPKNOT is false music.

This is a tough one, I like slayer more than I like slipknot but Joey is pretty incredible... but I really don't know both a amazing, I guess ill pick Joey but just because I really enjoyed his drum solo where he is spinning upside down.

Dave by miles. Joey is boring and really not that good.

lombardo is the best double bass drummer and his drumming for slayer is damn good i think lombardo is batter

Carter Beauford or Chalie Antolini could smoke them both