Adding a second deep cycle battery for car audio system to existing stock battery?

Hi, I am setting up my new stereo system and need to add a second battery in my accessory battery tray in my 2008 GMC Sierra. My stock battery was just recently replaced, so I dont want to replace the primary battery with an AGM and add a deep cycle AGM battery. My only option is to go with a spiral cell battery like an Optima Yellow Top, correct? I know there are better batteries out there for the money AGM wise that perform much much better. I was originally wanting to add a Stinger 1500D battery, but its an AGM battery.

My new stereo system build includes FOUR Sundown Audio SA-8 V.2 SPL custom built subs in a ported box under my 3" raised seats tuned to 31hz with Focal Components all around. But to the important part that retains to the question...

I will be running an Audiopipe 30001D 3000-3100 wrms @ 1 ohm and an Audiopipe 600.4. So I will be running roughly 3700wrms. I am also purchasing a Mechman 270a alternator from my car audio dealer. Hopefully this alternator will give me enough amps for my 3700 watts.

So... Can anyone recommend a spiral cell battery that is better than an Optima Yellow Top? I need a pretty powerful battery to hold to my amperage draw I will be pulling.

Thanks!

Dragon Breath - The Audiopipe 30001D IS 1 ohm stable. Look it up.

The 30001D is two 1500D's internally strapped together. The 1500D's are one ohm stable as their raiting is

1500 wrms @ 1 ohm

750wrms @ 2 ohm

Copied and pasted straight from Audiopipe.com

AP-30001D

Channels 1 Ch Class D

Power (P.M.P.O) 3000 Watts

Power (R.M.S) 3000W x 1 @ 2 Ohm

1800W x 1 @ 4 Ohm

1500W x 2 @ 1 Ohm

950W x 2 @ 2 Ohm

600W x 2 @ 4 Ohm

Read the directions or go to their website. Im looking at the instructions right here and it says the same thing. So sorry, but yes, this amp is one ohm stable. A very versatile amplifier. I can get 3000 wrms out of 1 or 2 ohms. Its great.

Favorite Answer

The audiopipe ap30001d is not 1 ohm mono stable.

• deraz

whoa Nellie, what the heck?? You fail to point 3 hundred and sixty 5 days and style automobile. maximum automobiles have a surplus of juice accessible, motorcycles have none. yet your battery does no longer run some thing devoid of alternator backup. It begins the automobile, era. that is maintained at comprehensive voltage by the alternator and that is to proceed to be at comprehensive value or that is not any reliable. for sure, if the battery dies, the engine will stop. And or, if the alternator dies, you'll run app a million hour earlier the battery quits operating the engine. Make experience>? So, in case your lighting fixtures fixtures are dimming, i'd blame that alternator no longer having adequate voltage, amperage going out to maintain the device. you may get a higher alternator to pump better juice, although the battery, i do not quite imagine you want. except your battery is undesirable.

Phil...such an asshole answer...

You're going to need more power than 1 mechman 270 and an AGM battery...

That's nearly 400a of current draw and group 31 AGM batts usually avg 100ah-120ah. Which is barely enough to run the system let alone the addition of the vehicles current draw. In order for this to work, you'll need an alternator upwards of 400a. For batteries: XS Power D3100, Deka Intimidator 9a31, Stinger spv70, Shuriken sk-bt120, and xstatic batcap 4000.

I recommend duracell AA's :-) lol