are all spiders mean?

So I just realized there's a cobweb right above my bed. I hate spiders but I don't want to piss him off by ruining his home. I don't know how long its been there but will he bite me? I don't see a spider in the web so Idk. Its 230 am don't they have like a curfew? Do you think the cobweb is old?

Favorite Answer

Spiders are not mean at all. they don't even get pissed off, and your little friend that made the web is never going to bite you, even if you play with it.

If there is a tiny crack, crevice or hole attached to the web, this would be were it hides waiting for an insect to get caught in the web.

It is possible the spider abandoned the web and moved to a better place to catch bugs, but older abandoned webs start collecting dust and become unsightly. that's the worst part about keeping 8 legged buddies in your room.

Hating spiders is just a matter of how you think about them, they really aren't the bad guy all the hyperbole has them made to be. I keep a few around just to eat bugs,and not one has ever been a nuisance other than their messy webs.

• Kacky

Cobwebs are not spider webs. Cobwebs are just dust. Even if it is a spider web, the spider will not react to having it knocked down. It'll just build a new one, probably someplace else.

this answer cant be given without knowing your region

some spiders are highly deadly

others are helpful and even their presence helps keeps deadly ones from gaining a foot hold by competing with them for space and food

for the most part, very few spiders are "mean" they are usually not very aggressive except a few types

for the most part, you leave them alone, they will do the same

with it being right above your bed, personally, i wouldnt leave it there

id find the spider and kill it, if i dont know if its dangerous or not

or if i know its harmless, id move it outside

again, it depends on what spiders are in your area

if youre in Australia, run away lol

• CROJ

Some disinfectant should clear that bad boy up, if you see it spray it. the only cool spider is spider-man