Cultures Poll: Do you like well-liked popular names or unique names?

2) would you ever name your children after someone in the family or yourself

3) what are favorite names, boy or girl?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Best Answer

i like some popular names but i prefer unique names - my name is kelsey ray & where im from it is rare for a guy to be called kelsey (i was named after kelsey grammer) & i have only ever known one other person with the name kelsey (it was a girl from high school & she is now my beautiful wife - we both have kinda different first names though (me being kelsey ray & her being just kelsie so it isn't too hard to explain to new people) it kinda gets boring when everyone i meet is a john or a paul - i am friends with: 4 daniels 2 dales 5 connors but only one me :) unique names are great (although peaches geldolf calling her kid rubbish was quite a fail) i have twins & i called them alabama & jesse - i don't really know if they are unique names (probably not lol) :)

Source(s): great question :)
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

It depends. I totally hate names that have funky spelling and/or hard to pronounce and it is tough to go through life with names like those.

I like names that have meaning and/or honor other family members. My daughter's middle name is after her grandmother.

My daughter's name is Kimberly Teresa. If I had a son his name would have been Liam Joseph and Joseph is my husband's first name.

I hated my name growing up - my parents did not put much thought into it. I was named Robert and I am a GIRL not a BOY and I was tormented by it. At the age of 46 I changed both my first and middle names to something that I loved and had great meaning and it was the best thing I did for myself.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

I like unique names!!

I wouldnt name them after anyone I know.

There are too many names that I like

Lv 7
    8 years ago

I like the unique names but there are a few poplar ones I like.

Yes, I would probably after my mother.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Erika
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Hong Kong is a factor of China, yet they have a distinctive historic previous interior the previous a hundred years. they have somebody coverage to working government. additionally, countless city in China isn't decrease priced in the present day, properly developed already.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.