? asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 9 years ago

What is this film? (teenager murdered by jealous neighbour who wants to be her?)?

I watched a film about 2 years ago on Sky, and now my friend wants to watch it but I really can't remember the title!! This film is a real story.

I think it was an Australian film, where there was a teenage girl who was a dancer and had a 'perfect' family. Across the street lived a troubled girl who hated her mother and herself and really wanted a life like her neighbour, and the plot is, when she's about 20 something and the 'perfect' girl is a teen, she phones her up saying she wants to do something and she'll give her $300 for it and the girl wants to buy shoes with the money she'll get. She's not allowed to tell anyone about meething the woman. When she gets there, the mad woman strangles her with a phone cord and hides her in the bathroom? and then she pretends she's her, wearing her clothes, using her name etc. and finally gets arrested in her flat?

What is this film? Thank you! x

Favorite Answer

In Her Skin (2009) Stars: Guy Pearce, Miranda Otto and Ruth Bradley

aka I Am You

Plot:

The film is based on the true story of an Australian teen who went missing on 1 March 1999 and was later found to have been murdered by a past babysitter. Her body was found on 13 March 1999. The story is told from the point of view of the parents and also from point of view of the murderer, who is looking to assume a new identity after her crime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moqWW9plOtQ

The film script was written after Rachel's mother co-authored a book on the murder, called "Perfect Victim". http://www.penguin.com.au/products/9780143001027/p...