Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 8 years ago

Poll: Why do people say "just be yourself", when it is the most worthless possible advice?

How is that meant to be helpful in any possible way?

If people don't like you, clearly being yourself hasn't worked; why would you just continue to repeat what has failed?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • DJ
    Lv 6
    8 years ago
    Best Answer

Because why try to be someone youre not? Have you ever tried to act like something youre not and it just didnt feel like you or it didnt feel right? The point is, being yourself feels better. instead of trying to be someone youre not because people dont like your true self, why not just drop the people out of your life that can accept and support you for who you are? Why must we live to try so hard to be someone we're not to impress people who dont appreciate you to begin with? Its useless.

• 8 years ago

When people say be yourself they're telling you "don't be fake, because you'll not only be lying to them but you'll be lying to yourself." Then you'll get so caught up in being something you're not, that you just start to feel sad, you'll loose interest in the person you're trying to impress because you're trying to find yourself. And if they don't like you for you then that's their problem, just move on even if it is hard. Because you can't love someone if you don't love yourself.

• 8 years ago

I'll say "U'll never be the other person while doing so u'll lose urself",so jst be urself and don't let u change according to people make them change according u then u'll be a TRUE LEADER. Hope u understand :)

• 8 years ago

A fake image doesnt last long eventually people will find out who you really are.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

It's a quick and feel good answer. Total BS but it sounds well enough.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Because, if you just be yourself, there is no need for uncanny advice.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

If you're not yourself then who would you be? You cant be someone else.

• 8 years ago

I think its the equivalence of "fu¢k everyone else." Which sounds better to me.

• 8 years ago

It's only worthless if YOU are.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.