Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInsurance · 8 years ago

Which Dental Insurance plans cover these procedures?

I have been having severe pain with my First Bicuspid. I need a root canal, filling and a crown to save the tooth.

Which Dental Insurance plans cover root canals, fillings and crowns?

How long is the waiting period, and what is the co-pay/co-insurance?

Thanks.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

After you've had insurance for at least a year, most plans pay around 50% of the cost, up to a maximum of $1,000 a year. Usually they'll pay 80% of the cost of a filling, after the first year.

Because most people don't buy individual dental insurance until they want a bunch of work done, the policies are designed to not pay out more than they cost.

Might as well pay out of pocket.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

Root canal and crown covered at 50% up to $1,000-$1,500 after 12-18 months.

Filling covered at 80% after 3-6 months.

The deductible is usually ~$50.

I have never seen a filling with a 12 month waiting period. But, generally if you need work done then it's too late to buy insurance.

• 4 years ago

Ultimately you're going to owe this amount. Given that the dental administrative center did not acquire utterly correct understanding about your insurance policy, they will have to be greater than willing to help you repay the extra $200 over time without a interest or penalties. The estimate is correct in regards to what they mentioned the system would fee - $400. They were detailed in this section. They weren't accurate in guessing how much your insurance would pay, if something. They cannot be held to that part of the estimate. But due to the fact you made the decision to endure the procedure situated on this knowledge, they must permit you to have an effortless cost plan for the difference. Please understand that if you don't pay it, the account will finally be became over to assortment, and if that is not paid then it's going to replicate badly for your credit score record.

• 8 years ago

All insurance will cover those procedures

The waiting period is typically 12 months but can vary based on the insurance company

The amount of insurance and copay/coinsurance is going to be based on your specific insurance plan you have.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Check out the Delta Dental insurance plans. There are several to choose from if the dentists are located in your area.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.