Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 8 years ago

Dental Insurance for root canal/crowns?

I have been having severe pain with my First Bicuspid.

Which Dental Insurance plans cover root canals, fillings and crowns?

How long is the waiting period, and co-pay/co-insurance?

Thanks.

Favorite Answer

It can take weeks for a dental provider to allow benefits to kick in. Often times, dental insurance companies make you wait up to 6 weeks before allowing any claims, let alone a root canal. Commonly, root canals are needed when sensitivity to hot is more predominant (this is not always the case, but it is common). Either way, as a dental professional, I must recommend you see a dentist to at least determine the problem. Advil extra strength is available OTC if your comfortable taking it.

Also try Sensodyne Rapid Relief. It is a new tooth paste (it was just released last month). Be sure that it has Sodium Acetate in it to tide you over until your dental visit - this is not a fix but will help with the pain until you can be diagnosed.

Best of luck xx

• Eautha

HMO? You poor sap. Root canal by an HMO dentist? Your really #$(%%. Get our your wallet and have it done by a specialist. It may save you pain and your tooth. Just the fact that you are on this board means you need a better dentist and dental plan.