Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 9 years ago

How conservative am I?

I strongly support the free market. I think all federal regulation of businesses (minimum wage laws, anti-discrimination laws, the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the ADA, etc.,) should be repealed. I think all federal interventions that are not specifically enumerated in the Constitution should be abolished (the FDA, the EPA, the Dept. Of Education, Commerce, HUD, Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, etc.,). We should abolish the Federal Reserve and return to the gold standard. I support a non-interventionist foreign policy and think we should close our military bases, end all foreign aid, withdraw from the UN entirely, and avoid entangling alliances. I think abortion should be outlawed throughout the country, but every other social issue, like drugs, prostitution, gambling, and pornography, should be left to the states. I strongly support a repeal of the 17th Amendment to restore state sovereignty. I think English should be declared the official language of this country and immigrants should be required to learn it. I'm against amnesty for illegals and think we should end birthright citizenship. I think it's important to remember our Christian roots as a country by keeping "Under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance, keeping "In God We Trust" on our currency, and excluding the federal government from all jurisdiction over the religious affairs of the states.

• Desire
    Favorite Answer

You are a paulbot. No way conservative.

• devick

Years in the past, the Progressive Party, and the Conservative Party joined to end up the Progressive Conservatives. Much extra just lately, the Reform social gathering (which incorporated men and women who had damaged clear of the PC's) joined, and the title began out because the Conservative-Reform Alliance till the entire becoming a member of, after which they made up our minds on being simply the Conservative Party of Canada. Provincially, such a lot Conservative events are nonetheless Progressive Conservative. There aren't any "legit" hyperlinks among the provincial and federal events, however, they quite often all incorporate the identical men and women. Unlike the USA, Canada isn't damaged into conservatives, and liberals. We have a 3rd institution, the socialists, who is social gathering is the New Democratic Party. So, the NDP is at the left, the Liberals within the centre, and the Conservatives at the correct. In the final Federal election, the Liberals have been practically burnt up, and we now have the Conservatives in vigour, and the NDP as Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition. There could also be the Bloc Quebecois, who advocates Quebec keeping apart from Canada. In the final Federal election: Conservatives 166 seats (fifty three.nine%) NDP 103 seats (33.four%) Liberals 34 seats (eleven.zero%) Bloc Quebecois four seats (one million.three%) Green social gathering one million seat (zero.three%) 308 seats in complete.

I AGREE with most but two issues are silly.

ONE - The Gold Standard will cripple the Economy even more, since we have become a Credit Based Economy since World War II. We need more Americans to buy Houses and less Gold. Gold is only good for jewelery or conducting electricity. Believe it or not, I wish the Government would take back the shitt.

TWO - You can not force any one to learn any Language. Even though, I prefer Espanol from My Chilean Roots, when it comes to Hot Romance.

ROMNEY WALKER 2012

Source(s): Mexican Radio - Wall of Voodoo circa 1981 Dump Obama NOW Radar Love - Golden Earring circa 1974

The I don't even think Mississipi would accept you level of conservative.