Would anyone be interested in helping me with my plot (and the fact that I'm plot challenged in general)?

I've got sort of a totalitarian, distopian, Hunger Games-esque setup that I've been mulling over for quite a few years now, but I haven't sat down to think up an actual plot until a few months ago after reading THG for the first time and becoming interested in my ideas again. I have a hell of a time coming up with a storyline, subplots, twists, all that stuff. It's really hard for me. The characters are there, the basic idea is there, the design of it gives me room to go in a few different directions and sets me up well for a story, I think, but I just feel stuck with it.

This is a problem I've always had, and it's beyond frustrating. I know the only way to become a better creative writer is to practice, practice, practice, but I can't do that if I don't have something to write about. Once I know where I'm going with a story and have an idea I really like, I love the actual process of writing it, but it always fizzles out because I just feel unequipped to have the perfect ending in mind from the start or whatever. So with this plot, I want to use it for Camp NaNoWriMo in August if possible, but I was wondering if there was anyone out there who would actually be willing to hear what I have so far and kind of bounce some ideas around with me. Even if it's one sentence about the structure or one thought about the plot, it could really help me get thinking in a new direction. I tend to box myself in and not let my ideas flow, and having someone else to discuss it with really helps me.

If you have any advice for me with this problem, please leave a comment! If you wanna help me out and hear my ideas so far, please just send me a message so we can do that and I'll love you for eternity (really).

I know people like myself tend to annoy a lot of B&A-goers, but this is coming from a good place of really just wanting to practice and improve my writing, not to steal anyone's thoughts. As we all know, if it isn't yours, you won't stick with it. I just need someone with a little free time who could get my mind going. :)

Favorite Answer

I'd be more than happy to help you. Do you have your Camp NaNoWriMo account set up yet? Message me on it if you do, my username is TotallyAwesomeTeen

Hope to hear from you soon x

Source(s): LIFE!