Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Will my computer play MW3 and BF3 at Max settings?

I am getting a new computer soon and was wondering if these specs will be able to run Modern Warfare 3 and Battlefield 3 at max settings? The specs are

3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3610QM (6MB Cache, up to 3.3GHz w/ Turbo Boost 2.0)

OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit

MEMORY 6GB Dual Channel DDR3 1600MHz

HARD DRIVE 500GB 7,200 RPM SATA 3Gb/s edit

VIDEO CARD 2 GB DDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 650M with Optimus

LCD PANEL 14.0" High Def (720p/1366x768) with WLED backlight

WIRELESS CARDS Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230 With Bluetooth 4.0

INTERNAL OPTICAL DRIVE Slot Load Dual Layer DVD Burner (DVD+/-RW

Thanks

5 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 6
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

there isnt a mobile graphics card in existence that will play bf3 on ultra

although that screen has a low resolution, so you should be at least able to play on high, but dont count on ultra at all, even higher end desktop gpus have problems running bf3 on ultra

edit: an alienware m17 running SLI mobile gpus wont be able to play bf3 on ultra at 1080p+

hell a desktop running 560ti (mid range card $229 each) in dual sli will still stutter playing on ultra because of limited vram.

there are people with ATI cards that have 3gb of gpu memory that are reporting 2.7GB of vram usage from bf3 on ultra.

its not because the gpu is too slow at least on an SLI notebook, its because bf3 is immensely graphic intensive and a gpu memory hog. you may get good fps above 40 in 1080p, but it will still stutter like hell because its constantly loading textures because it cant hold them all in vram

oh, and yea there arent many pcs that cant play mw3 in at least high especially at 720P, i have a ati 6770 which is a tad slower then the 650m and i can play mw3 on high at 900p and easily get 50+ fps

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

MW3 will definitely play in max settings, BF3 probably barely in max. The 650M is fairly high end though with DDR5 memory, and you might have a good chance to max BF3 out if you plan to play on 768p resolution. The specs are great though.

• 9 years ago

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-650...

Bam...

Not ultra for BF3, but high-ish.

Max out MW3, though.

AND THAT GUY LIES!

There are laptops that can max out BF3. They're just ungodly expensive.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

1080p will be better

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • wizkid
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

it should if its at 720p

idk about ultra settings though

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.