Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Period 1 week late and negative pregnancy test...?

My periods have never been really regular [unless I was on birth control, which I'm not now].

But right now I'm a week late [well, it has been 38 days since my last one] and I just took an early result pregnancy test. It read negative.

I was wondering what the chances are that its a false negative? I mean, I bought an 'early result' one, so it detects lower levels, and I'm already a week late. I don't really 'feel' pregnant, and truthfully I have been pretty stressed this month, especially the past week, and I know that can postpone your period sometimes.

Anybody know the chances? Or a % or something?

The test claims it is "99% accurate" by the way.

Favorite Answer

I had that problem before. Not saying you going through the same thing i went through, but my cycle ended up changing and i completely missed a month. Then i started getting my period every like 33 days. Hope this may be able to help you out.

YES IT CAN BE POSSIBLE TO GET A FALSE NEGATIVE AND ALSO YOUR STRESS LEVEL CAN BE A BIG PART OF YOUR PERIOD BEING LATE.. JUST WAIT A FEW MORE DAYS AND TAKE ANOTHER TEST AND BE SURE TO TAKE IT WITH YOUR EARLY MORNING URINE!!!!

Source(s): RN MAJOR
  • ?

i might bypass to the medical doctors for a blood attempt! from time to time HPT could have fake negatives, perchance they are no longer gentle sufficient, or maybe your hormones are not extreme sufficient yet, it definitely relies upon once you ovulated. Are your cycles standard? If no longer perchance wait some extra days? yet once you're worried, i might advise a blood attempt for particular! :)