Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 9 years ago

Windows blue screen help, please.?

I try to turn on my Toshiba Laptop (about 2-3 years old, has gotten this before) and it just flashes a blue-screen and restarts. The blue screen error is something like:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

Html_boot_(idontknow something like this. It flashes so fast i have to pause on my camera but i cant)

If this is the first time you've seen this error message, please restart your PC.

If not, follow the instructions below:

(there is nothing else)

Please help. This has happned twice.

I have a lot of important files, i'd not like to delete them. Also, i do not have the windows disc. It strangly enough didn't come with the PC.

It makes 0 beeping noises, but thanks for the help =)

Try out Linux and let your files migrate if you are able to. If you have a problem with Linux, you can just redownload the files from the website if you can. Try booting it from a flash drive. Linux is usually more stable as well.

are there beeps on startup if so remember the number of beeps and google it with your computer model it will let you know what the problem is for example it may be 2 beeps is a bad hard drive(i was making the example up)

save all your important files on a usb just in case something happens.