Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareFirst Aid · 9 years ago

HELP! I got a pretty bad sunburn and now I'm peeling! What do I do?!?

So this weekend I went to the beach twice and I was stupid to think I wouldn't burn with spf 8. I got burnt obviously and now my back is peeling! I got invited to a beach party(it's TOMORROW) and I don't want people to see the gross site of my icky skin peeling! What should I do to get rid of the peeling? But I don't want to hurt my skin anymore!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

If you are swelling (red skin) take Advil. To get rid of the flakes and itch. Buy an Aveno oatmeal bath soak and follow the directions on the box and also use Avene (with oatmeal) lotion. I like their 24 hr cream as it is super thick so it keeps flakes hidden.

Please use more SPF next time :)

• 9 years ago

Next time you get sunburned try Vinegar and water. Put about a cup of vinegar in a gallon of water (in a bowl or something) and then take a wash cloth and get it wet in the vinegar/water mixture and lay it on your sunburn for a few minutes and just keep doing that. It pulls the heat out. You may smell like vinegar but it works! When my boyfriend told me this I thought he was crazy but after doing it I was finally able to sleep somewhat comfortable after being sunburned on my knees, back, arms and chest. Hope it works for you!

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Aloe Vera, Melaluka jell(if you know anyone who works for Melaluka and sells it) the oatmeal facial and or have someone peel I all off for you!

Source(s): Expirience
  • 9 years ago

banana boat aloe vera after sun makes it feel fresh cool and refreshing and might help with the peeling

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.