Can unhealthy foods make you feel ill?

I'm a 20yr old girl, I eat fairly healthy, I dont eat much fast food at all, if I do it's rare. I usually eat fresh fruits and veggies and lean meats.

Yesturday I got hungry and ran out of my lunch at work so I had a bag of chips, then some chicken and fries later. I didn't think anything of it and then 10 mins later I felt really dizzy and felt like I couldnt breathe like my throat was closing up. I thought it was maybe anxiety. Can unhealthy foods make you feel that ill????

If so, how do I get it out of my system as soon as possible?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Best Answer

Yes, unhealthy food can make you feel ill, especially if it has been a long time since you've eaten them. I decided a while back to eat as healthy as possible, then a few months later, my dad made a huge lasagna with ALL the works (lots of cheese!) and I had a little slice - immediately after, I felt sick. It wasn't like I was expecting to feel physically ill, but it just happened. That feeling didn't last long, though. I drank lots of water and soon, the feeling had passed. I didn't regret eating the lasagna, because it tasted wonderful - you shouldn't feel anxious after eating something that might be classified as a "bad" food or not as healthy as you're used to! Your body can take on bigger amounts of food and food that isn't nutritious with EASE, so don't stress!

If you eat healthy most of them, indulging every now and then should be no problem.

Best of luck! ;-)

• 3 years ago

My opinions fluctuate on this drawback depending on the day. I want to say that i'm independent, however normally I trap myself being judgemental. The fact that each individuals are eating an unhealthy snack says to me that they are blissful with their look and might care much less about what they eat, or probably they might care less about their wellness. Just for the reason that any one is skinny doesn't mean that they are healthful or in form (ever heard of skinny-fats? ---being thin however having a high physique-fats percent). Along the identical traces, the character who seems to be fat would without problems be tremendous, however have various muscle, so they show up bigger. Then again, all of us want a smash. The key to effective weight loss is either to let your self cheat every as soon as in a whilst (or else the diet will fail), or to completely trade your subculture and consuming habits. It would be that the skinny character will eat the unhealthy snack then take a seat on the sofa for a couple of hours, and the "fat" man or woman may plan to work it off on the gymnasium later.

• 8 years ago

While unhealthy foods can make you feel slightly ill, that seems like sort of an extreme reaction. Is it possible that you're allergic to something you ate?

To get it "out of your system," just make sure that you eat healthy foods and drink lots of water for the next few days. You can't really rush the process, but you can make sure that you don't put any other bad stuff in your body.

• 8 years ago

You'll want to find out if you are allergic, so you can get an epipen. If there was MSG, you could react to that. The batch of chips may have been bad, but you probably didn't save the packaging. Chicken must be cooked to around 180 degrees. You'd have to check on that by looking at a roasted meat thermometer. If it was fried, it might have been hard to digest. Find out what happened, so you can avoid it in the future.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Maybe its sickness but yes it could have been the food

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.