Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

i think i got a camera ticket and was wondering if i could fight it?

i come from a small town with a population of one thousand i just moved to sacramento and im just getting used to the crazy traffic here. i made a left u turn right after someone and i think it was on a red i did not see because i had just changed lanes when i made it i saw the light flash and i think it was for me is there any way of fighting this i am just 20 and already cant afford insurance any ideas i just enrolled in college and got a job here im really struggling can any one help please!!!

Favorite Answer

just hope they dont see you which the camere may have not even taken a picture. If it did there's a possibility it didnt see your face since you wern't crossing the street when it turned red you did a u turn. And if you dont have priors on your record for a first time speeding ticket you can usually get it reduced

• tagboy

You think? Wait and see if you actually get a ticket. I wasn't paying attention and ran a few lights but so far haven't got a ticket but live in another state. That's up to the judge. Where I live a bus pass is 60 a month and since I'm now disabled my bus pass cost 30 dollars a month, Miss my Harley but save a lot of money. You say your in a small town bet you can live without a car.

• Bruce

A camera ticket goes to the owner of the vehicle, so it does not go on your driving record so it does not effect your insurance rates.

Yes, you can fight it. However, telling the judge you didn't see the light so you don't know if it was red will be used against you. That is called inattentive driving and is illegal.

Source(s): Law enforcement since 1991

Changing lanes doesn't give you a valid excuse to run a red light.

"Not seeing" a red light doesn't give you a valid excuse to run one either.

If you hit someone at that intersection rather than just running a red light, do you think those excuses would fly??

I agree with the above poster. If you can't afford car insurance, you SURE can't afford to pay someone's medical bill if you hit and injure someone or total their car now, can you??

It sure seems YOU are part of the "crazy traffic", changing lanes and running lights because you can't see them and driving with no insurance.

It sounds like you "can't afford" to drive. Sell your car and take the bus.

Stop wondering about it. If you got a ticket you will get it in the mail, probably within a few days. Until then no use worrying. Making an illegal U-turn ie a no-no, no use fighting it if you were caught.

If you can't afford car insurance you can't afford to drive. Pay the ticket and take the bus