I have a climate control knob problem with my 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer ES.?

First of all, the climate control knob in my car has been difficult to turn for awhile now. Recently, it will not switch from hot to cold even if I turn the knob. Second, I recently was taking some frozen groceries home and I decided to place the groceries in my passenger's side floorboard of my car. As I was changing the knob for how fast the fan blows out my air conditioning, I heard a noise and the fan stopped working altogether when on the 1-3 setting of the fan control. However, it does work on full blast at a level of 4. I looked under the dash by the passenger's side floorboards and realized that there are some exposed wires in a bundle that way have been exposed to the moisture of the frozen groceries. Is it possible that I shorted out something in my car, and if so how do I fix it or how much will it cost (a ballpark figure) to get a mechanic to fix it? I know this question is a mess, so I would like to thank anyone who attempts it in advance.

• mark l
    Favorite Answer

There was a TSB on heater knobs BITD. you need a plenum. dash has to come out, $1000 do you have an a/c machine? and a blower motor resister, outside your talent (Not outside of MINE)

• marian

Greek people in north London? O.O i was born in Harrow and i have been in all places London however i am pretty sure i have by no means seen any problems with Greek humans in London??! In London its probably asians ( they usually don't almost always motive crisis) and east Europeans ( they don't as a rule have dark epidermis) so i consider your frequently bullshitting, possibly you will have to transfer out of London love!!