Is it normal that I'm graduating college but did nothing interesting, no honors, no sports, nothing?

I will be graduating this fall from business, but am now worrying if I should be proud of me graduating. I did nothing interesting, never got involved in anything, is there a lot more other people like me that graduate? Or do the majority of graduates have other types of recognition called out on the stage when they graduate, or wear badges on their gown to out stand from the others? I'm scared I'll feel like the only "loser" in the grad ceremony... I have never been to a university grad ceremony so this will be my first one.

Favorite Answer

Of course you should be proud of you graduating! It's amazing that you stuck it out and didn't drop out like the majority of students do. And no, you are most definitely not a loser in any sense. Just because you didn't take up some arbitrary sport or whatever doesn't mean you haven't achieved anything. Don't you worry about being the only one there without badges or whatever, there will be PLENTY of other people in the same position as you. Your dedication to your studies should be recognition enough. I hope you have a good graduation, and congrats!

You really shouldn't be that worried. If anything they may have a different sache like thing for honors but most often all of those things are not called out! I mean that graduations are already LONG because of speeches and the amount of people there is so they wouldn't even have time to list all those "accomplishments". Just be happy that you are graduating & congrads!!! :)

lol you went to complete your degree/education....there are no other purposes of college other than that? It's not there to do sports,drink, make friends, make honors....yeah its fun but can also break many kids and disrupt their school, just be glad for yourself completing it and staying focused on the task at hand

You should join some activity,wow.