What are the specifications for Panasonic DVD Burner, MATSHITA UJ890AS?

My laptop has a Panasonic DVD Burner, MATSHITA UJ890AS but I can't find any reliable information about it online, including Panasonic's website which didn't recognize the model number. Can anyone provide information on this drive? What I am after specifically is whether or not it can read or write Blu-rays and DL DVDs. I have burned many single layer CD-Rs and DVDs so those are already known to work on this drive.

This source said that it can read and write Blu-rays and dual layer DVDs but another source didn't say that.

http://burners.burn4free.com/matsushita-matshita-p...

The writing on my laptop says "DVD-Super Multi DL drive" but while that is helpful I have read that this model laptop (Acer Aspire 7552G-6061) may come with a few different drives, some of which are Blu-ray, so I've been trying to find information on this specific drive. Can anyone provide the information I am after?

Thank you for any information you may be able to provide!

I forgot to mention that I am using Ubuntu Linux, however this isn't terribly important because I will be setting up a Windows/Ubuntu dual boot soon. It just means I wont be able to use Windows based solution for a little while and that Linux based solutions are open to me.

Favorite Answer

Could I suggest you download and run Nero InfoTool, my friend? This is a FREE programme that will scan your drive and tell you which specific formats it can read and write.

I will say, however, that it is highly unlikely that it will be able to read Blu-ray discs. As this is a newer type of disc format, it would make a point of advertising this fact if it were able to read and/or write it.

• huezo

Panasonic Dvd Burner