Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What are the specifications for Panasonic DVD Burner, MATSHITA UJ890AS?

My laptop has a Panasonic DVD Burner, MATSHITA UJ890AS but I can't find any reliable information about it online, including Panasonic's website which didn't recognize the model number. Can anyone provide information on this drive? What I am after specifically is whether or not it can read or write Blu-rays and DL DVDs. I have burned many single layer CD-Rs and DVDs so those are already known to work on this drive.

This source said that it can read and write Blu-rays and dual layer DVDs but another source didn't say that.

http://burners.burn4free.com/matsushita-matshita-p...

The writing on my laptop says "DVD-Super Multi DL drive" but while that is helpful I have read that this model laptop (Acer Aspire 7552G-6061) may come with a few different drives, some of which are Blu-ray, so I've been trying to find information on this specific drive. Can anyone provide the information I am after?

Thank you for any information you may be able to provide!

Update:

I forgot to mention that I am using Ubuntu Linux, however this isn't terribly important because I will be setting up a Windows/Ubuntu dual boot soon. It just means I wont be able to use Windows based solution for a little while and that Linux based solutions are open to me.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Could I suggest you download and run Nero InfoTool, my friend? This is a FREE programme that will scan your drive and tell you which specific formats it can read and write.

I will say, however, that it is highly unlikely that it will be able to read Blu-ray discs. As this is a newer type of disc format, it would make a point of advertising this fact if it were able to read and/or write it.

• huezo
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Panasonic Dvd Burner

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.