Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

lydia asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 9 years ago

what does the French phrase 'Je ne sais crois' mean?

My aunt gave me a necklace with a big circle charm that reads 'Je ne sais crois'. I know it is French, because one of the other two charms is the Eiffel Tower. Even my French teacher couldn't tell me what it meant. Please give me an answer.

• nune

Je Ne Sais Pas Meaning

• marian

Catholicism got here first. The phrase 'Catholic' method 'common', 'together with all Christians or all of Western Church'. Catholics had been the first Christians. Roman Catholic Church (in Vatican) is the first reputable Christian Church. Catholicism came from Judaism and via advert 394 Christianity became the authentic religion of the Roman empire. It is after the Reformation in the course of the 16 th century that Roman Catholicism break up and had 2 other branches - Protestantism and Orthodoxy . Roman Catholicism, Protestanism and Orthodoxy are the three predominant branches or denominations of Christianity. These three principal branches and a few 'other' Christians are collectively often called Christianity. So in case you are a Catholic that implies you're a Christian. When you introduce yourself it is more handy for others to appreciate and extra secure for you while you say ' i am a Christian' or 'i am a Christian - Catholic' than 'i am a Catholic'.

If the necklace is this

http://www.gotbeauty.com/index.php?product=780104&...

"Je ne sais crois"? is a common mistake.

The correct expression is "je ne sais quoi", which literally means "I don't know what" and is used to express some indefinable quality that makes someone fascinating or attractive. "Je ne sais crois" means exactly nothing.

• ?

That's because it's garbled nonsense. It is in French, but it's not an actual saying.

"Je ne sais" is the beginning of "Je ne sais pas," or "I don't know."

"Crois" is the je (I) form of "croire" which is to believe.

It may be an attempt to say "je ne sais quoi," which means "I don't know what," or, on a more functional level, "whatever" or "anything goes"---something along those lines. For example you could say, "Nous irons a Paris, puis a Strasbourg, puis a Berlin, et puis a.... je ne sais quoi!" That would come out meaning "We're going to go to Paris, then Starsbourg, then Berlin, then... I don't even know!" which implies that you'll go wherever you happen to please at the time. Or, you could say, "Je pensais qu'elle a dit qu'il a dit qu'il aimait bien Catherine, mais hier elle m'a dit que c'est Tristan qui aime bien Catherine et.... Je ne sais quoi..." which means "I thought she said that he said that he liked Catherine, but yesterday she told me that it was Tristan who had a thing for Catherine and....I don't know." with the implication being along the lines of "Whatever. Who even cares at this point?"

• Rodica

That means something difficult to define.

“Je ne sais quoi” - is an expression = “quelque chose” (something)

Je cherchais “je ne sais quoi” dans la prunelle des hommes

http://fr.wiktionary.org/wiki/je_ne_sais_quoi

I know "je ne sais quoi" means I dont know so it might be related

It means I didn't think