? asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 9 years ago

My parents are struggling?

I play tennis, like a lot and I train to be professional. I am homeshooled and I go to the US Open in NY to train three days a week, with the academy they have there. I have been going there for about 3 months now and I love it so much, but i can see it is causing my parents a lot of struggles. I live about 2 and a half hours away from there are my parents have to keep driving me back and forth. We also just moved into another house, and they are kind of having a tough time paying bills, and everyday they talk about how they are struggling finacially. My dad works a lot during the week, and I have two younger brothers, so mother cannot take me to NY only my dad, and he is really tired. I don't want to stop going to NY, but I can see that it is hurting my family. What should I do? I know that we have to sacrifice a lot to make me pro, but it is what i really want. Please help, I feel really stressed out and pressured. :(

we stay there all day but we drive to go there in the morning and to come back when the day is over, it s not like they drop me off or anything.....

Favorite Answer

Bless your parents for being so caring! They will do whatever it takes to assist you in your dreams. You have a nice team of family there. I would focus on your primary objective of going PRO and use their losses as motivation to focus on the ball when the pressure is on! You seem well worth the struggle and I am sure you make them proud every day just by being YOU.

• ?

Allow this decision to be in the hands of your parents

Perhaps find a few friends and play tennis locally - for fun - go have fun and release the pressure

If they see that you are happy without all of the "extras" maybe they will come to realize you do not require the added travel / costs etc

Right now you need not worry as you are the child mom and dad make the decisions

Find other things though to do - some of THE BEST enjoy just playing for fun

You can tell your parents it is too much if you feel that way and wish to play for fun

Are there scholarships to NY?

If you are that good - you can put yourself on a training program - run - develop strength - core strength practice at home - at a local court -

Our best kid in soccer plays at the no cost clubs - why?

Because he is that good and wants to have fun

No worry, be happy

You are not responsible for your parents financial decisions, you are only responsible for your own self, and you can do much for yourself right now

I would imagine teen parent struggles are no different from any parent's struggles. For example: 10. We all worry about bad things happening to our children. 9. We all have to give up money and opportunities to support them. 8. We all experience changes in our social life. 7. We all struggle to balance the demands of jobs/school, family, and our own needs. 6. We all get very, very tired sometimes, but we keep moving. 5. We all want to protect our children from unhappiness and hurt, and we feel helpless when we can't. 4. We all want our children to avoid troubles and bad behaviors of various kinds, and we are terrified to find out that we may not be able to control this. 3. We all want our kids to grow up and make something of themselves, but we miss them like crazy when they actually leave home and do it. 2. We all feel pressure from others to be good parents, and we all feel judged when we do things differently from them. 1. We all wonder if we're ever going to figure out this parenting stuff, and just when we think we've done it, they leave.

Is what you "really want" more important than the needs of the rest of your family ?