Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 9 years ago

really big age difference problem, yes or no?

my best friend (age 15) has been dating her boyfriend (age 26) for almost a year now... i haven't had enough courage to tell them that i know that it's dangerous for them to be together, and i know it is but they are so in love. they have the kind of love that some people could only dream of having. but i'm worried about her and that she might get into really big trouble.... any advice???

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Well, if they... "have relations"... her boyfriend could be brought up on charges, as the minimum age of consent in the United States, in any state, is 16. So that would be statutory rape, even if she was the one who instigated it.

Though they might be in love, there will also be the possibility that he's going to turn, let's say 30, and look at his 19 year old girlfriend and wonder if he's either a lucky guy with a young hot chick, or being immature and needs to move on.

It would just be a morality call.

Also, if she does wait to get with him until she's 16, many states have an age provision which says in essence, "Even though you've reached the age of consent, the age difference is so large that we're going to call it rape anyway."

In all states, dating, hugging, holding hands and kissing are not illegal.

BUT -- in some states, fondling, groping through the clothes or other such things to get to "3rd base" if you will, *are* illegal.

Source(s): Married for 18 years. http://www.ageofconsent.us/
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

WOAAH ! noww thats a HUGE age diffference.. try talking to your friend , and try to change her mind, if noot then let them be togethher. If their madly in love with each other then no one can do anythinng bout it ;

• 9 years ago

without a doubt

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

wow I'm surprised it has lasted that long

tell her parents

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.