Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 9 years ago

Having unprotected sex...?

My bf and I have been together for 6 months( I am 23 and he is 29). We have been having birth control( IUD, last for 10 yrs) and condoms religiously. We both want to go off condoms sometimes( mostly shower sex) but I am unsure if we should.

BTW: An IUD is a form of birth control( most effective) that goes into the cervix has no hormones. Easier than nuva ring or pills.

Update:

We are both STD free and will only be with sleeping with eachother( obviously).

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Well, as long as you are sure you are both STD/STI-free, I'd say you could probably try it. I mean, IUDs are supposed to be pretty effective.

• 9 years ago

If you have had your IUD in more then 7 days then you should be fine, BUT there is always a chance. So just be prepared to be parents if it fails!!!

• ?
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

convinced I fairly have. I now have a 2 year previous and a 7 week previous because of that. yet like some different person said on the following, i develop into completely attentive to the outcomes. So be smart and use protection if u dont favor to attend to the outcomes. good success and be threat-free!!

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

read up there is a high rate of birth control failure .. Pharm companies are owned by the mob and forgein interests these days.. do what you can to protect yourself.. and Of course IUD wont protect from diseases..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.