Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsRodents · 9 years ago

Where can I buy a guinea pig for free in the UK?

I want guinea pigs but don't want to buy one from a shop because bound to be others about which are unwanted after being born. Where can I find guinea pigs?

thanks

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

You have an on-line site for animals needing a home called PreLoved that is comparable to our PetFinders. There might be an adoption fee involved, though, The link follows:

http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/list/3362/rodent...

There is also a shelter site with links to various guinea pig rescue centers. The link is below:

http://www.guineapigrehome.org.uk/

(upper right hand side has "Rescue Centres" link)

• Piggy
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

You can try the guinea pig rehome website, but don't get one free thinking that will make him or her cheap to look after; you must set money aside in order to pay any veterinary bills that might be necessary.

• 9 years ago

go on the website ... preloved pets.

here people sell their unwanted animals or baby animals that have bred and are looking for homes for them. if there isn't any for sale signs then make your own account and post a wanted sign on. tell people what you want and if anybody has unwanted or guinea pigs for sale near you, then they will email and go from there.

the website is pretty easy to use so you will get the hang of it quickly.

hope i helped, hannah :)

Source(s): myself..<3<3
  • 9 years ago

•Advertisements in shops and your local paper

•check local animal shelters

•place an ad somewhere

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • it's not free if you buy it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.