Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Rory asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 9 years ago

Have you ever talked behind someone's back?

And after that felt guilty conscience? I talked behind my neighbour's back who were working in the garden with a friend. Nothing hurtful, I was just joking around. But still, I feel guilty and even afraid that they might have heard us, even though I spoke quietly. We were at 30 feet distance from them.

Talking behind someone's back is really low. People shouldn't do it. It's disgusting.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, I have done it. Over 40 years ago when I was still immature. And yes, of course you feel guilty. It is wrong behaviour and your conscience will always let you know when you have done wrong behaviour. Gossiping about anyone for any reason is pointless.

You are correct. Talking behind anyone's back is really low. It should never be done - at any age.

• 9 years ago

I'm pretty sure 99% of the worlds population has talked behind someone's back at some point, unless ure a baby or a mute.

I try to avoid gossip but sometimes it's hard holding feelings inside but I ways regret it afterwards. I learned to just write it down on a piece of paper or vent to my spouse, who could careless and will never repeat the things I say.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I'm a Muslim and In Islam it say backbiting is similar to eating your dead brothers flesh, backbiting is a very bad habit try my best never to do it

• 9 years ago

Yeah its big part of the culture here, everyone is two faced. I hate it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Tell it to there face its much worse if u hide it and they will be less mad when u tell them

• ?
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

Yes and I really regret it - so not worth it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.