Rory asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 9 years ago

Have you ever talked behind someone's back?

And after that felt guilty conscience? I talked behind my neighbour's back who were working in the garden with a friend. Nothing hurtful, I was just joking around. But still, I feel guilty and even afraid that they might have heard us, even though I spoke quietly. We were at 30 feet distance from them.

Talking behind someone's back is really low. People shouldn't do it. It's disgusting.

Favorite Answer

Yes, I have done it. Over 40 years ago when I was still immature. And yes, of course you feel guilty. It is wrong behaviour and your conscience will always let you know when you have done wrong behaviour. Gossiping about anyone for any reason is pointless.

You are correct. Talking behind anyone's back is really low. It should never be done - at any age.

I'm pretty sure 99% of the worlds population has talked behind someone's back at some point, unless ure a baby or a mute.

I try to avoid gossip but sometimes it's hard holding feelings inside but I ways regret it afterwards. I learned to just write it down on a piece of paper or vent to my spouse, who could careless and will never repeat the things I say.

I'm a Muslim and In Islam it say backbiting is similar to eating your dead brothers flesh, backbiting is a very bad habit try my best never to do it

Yeah its big part of the culture here, everyone is two faced. I hate it.

Tell it to there face its much worse if u hide it and they will be less mad when u tell them

• ?

Yes and I really regret it - so not worth it.