Adoption question need answers?

ok i know 2 people who are the most closest of friends and the girl wants to Adopt my friend legally .. just here me out my mom was 25 when she was first adopted ok my friend is 20 but the girl is 16 but she says she wants to adopt my friend legally when she turns 18 or 19 now my mom was 25 when my grandma first adopted her and she did that with flying colors so can that happin again?? if you ask Me! mabye mabye not but i figure if shes 18 if he will be 22 and my mom was 25 when she was adopted there should be no struggle right???

• Molly
    Favorite Answer

all states have own laws on this. First, there has to be an age difference to adopt. For example, wisconsin says you MUST be 15 or more years older than child you adopt. Some states allow adult adoptions and some don't. Adult adoptions are usually for purposes of inheritance or when an adult has no family and becomes close with older adults who think of her/him as their child.

There is no reason to adopt a person over 18 because they are a legal adult.

In this day and age that is not going to happen. Why attempt to tie up the court with such stuff. The court is too busy as it is with crucial issues.