Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 9 years ago

What are some unique good presents to send to my deployed girlfriend?

There are tons of ideas for men but none for women. I've sent her letters, care packages with her favorite snacks, new music, teddy bear to cuddle with, some of my shirts to sleep in, books, magazines. Any other ideas more unique? Thanks

I've asked her already what she wants/needs and I sent those to her. But more of surprise type of gifts that will make her happy rather than the necessities.

I also have a girlfriend in the Army and she'll be leaving soon to be stationed in Germany for two years, which most likely includes a deployment to Afghanistan. I tried looking online so that I could prepare once she leaves to Germany/Afghanistan, but most of the posts were about males deploying, not so much females.

Anyway, since I will be in your shoes sooner or later, I'd send her pictures of you to remind her that she's still a big part of you. She'll feel that she's right by your side. Make a photo album of the two of you or something. Send her things that show you took the time to make. Make a video and send it to her. I'm not sure if I was much of a help, but those are probably some things I'd do once my girl is in Germany. Good luck and keep your head up! How long is your girlfriend deployed for? Hit me up if you need someone to talk to.

Depends on where she is deployed and what she enjoys doing in her off time. Some duty stations are notorious for not having things Americans take for granted and not knowing where she is stationed makes this difficult to answer. Some things are also more expensive in certain areas.

Source(s): U.S. Army, deployed to FRG 1979-1982

well ask her what she is missing? maybe DVD movies of her favorite shows from TV. I use to send my friends like top ramen, tapatio sauce they loved that...