Am I a Democrat or Republican?

I found this quiz but I have different answers than many of the questions allow. What do you think?

1. Corporations, if left unregulated will end up destroying the environment.

True

2. Since rich people make more money, they should pay a higher percent of their income in taxes.

True

False

Neither, I think everyone should pay the same percentage of income - Flat tax. I think it's unfair that the poor have medicare, medicade, social security, welfare, food stamps, etc. and get the Earned Income Credit and childcare credit and end up getting a check at tax time.

3. In general, abortions should always be illegal.

True

False

I don't agree with the question. I would never have an abortion and I don't believe abortions should be outlawed in cases of rape, incest, or for girls younger than 16. However, I believe that it's not my place to speak for someone else.

4. The best way to reduce crime is...

ban all firearms

impose stricter punishments for violent crimes

Again neither, I think that marijuana should be legalized and taxed. I think that in order to convict someone of a crime there needs to be DNA, video, or fingerprints. I think that we should release any marijuana offenders. Non-violent offenders should be put in a real rehabilitation program that focuses on giving them job skills and education. Violent offenders should get an eye for an eye.

5. The Federal government should spend more on education.

True

6. Security checkpoints at airports should check people on an equal basis, and not engage in "racial profiling".

True

False

Neither, Everyone should be checked and there shouldn't be any pat downs, they should just make a scanner that isn't so invasive.

7. The death penalty is...

a necessary punishment, to deter the most brutal crimes

8. Universal healthcare will ultimately make the healthcare system in the US insufficient to meet the nations`s medical needs.

False

I don't like Obama's plan though.

9. The civil liberties of all Americans are threatened wehn laws like the "Patriot Act" are enacted.

True

10. If your hard earned money was to go to help the underprivileged, what would be the best way for it to be spent?

Donate the money to a charity of your choice

Through taxes, and let the Government determine the best way to spend it

Neither, I would start my own charity or college fund. I don't trust any of the charities out there.

11. There is no place for religion in our schools, especially the word "God"in the Pledge of Allegiance.

True

False

Neither, I think that we need to teach all students about religion but not focus on any one. How about a mandatory religion class that spends equal time on every religion so students can make an educated choice for themselves?

12. Generally speaking, do you think the Government is best suited to solve society`s problems?

True

False

Neither, it depends on the type of government.

13. If forced to chose a preferred method of taxation, it would be...

a tax on productivity (i.e. an income tax)

with a flat tax for everyone.

14. All businesses executives are greedy, and if the Government didn`t step in no one would be able to earn a decent wage in this country.

True

False

Neither, I don't agree with it saying all business executives. There are definitely some greedy ones, but there are some honest ones too.

15. Drilling for oil in Alaska will destry the local environment.

True

16. Marriage is a union between a man and a woman. Homosexual couples should not be allowed to marry.

Agree

Disagree

I disagree about the use of the word marriage, but I have no problem with civil unions.

17. Education is a right, not a privilege.

True

False

Neither, I think education up to high school is a right, but beyond that people are adults and should be able to make their own choices.

18. A strong military is essential to national security.

True

19. Who is best fit to make decisions on foreign affairs for the United States?

The President of the United States of America

20. If terrorists attack on American soil again in the future, what type of person would you rather have as President?

Someone who is strong defense, and who will hunt down anyone who had a role in the attack

Here's the link to the quiz, I probably should have included that!

http://www.quiztron.com/tests/republior_a_democrat...

Best Answer

Sounds like you're a fairly conservative Democrat.

Republicans won't generally tolerate ideas like "Increase funding for the DoE" or "Drilling for oil in Alaska is bad" or "Public schools should teach all religions."

Certainly, some of your ideas are conservative, but Democrats have far more tolerance for party members with conservative ideas than Republicans have for party members with liberal ideas.

20. Chuck Norris

• WAY more detail than you need.

Either you see individuals as Federal property and are a Democrat or you don't and are a Republican.

It really is that simple.

Your a Democrat.

political correctness is crippling the US while the rest of the world laughs at us.....

• Jeff

Democrat, but there's still hope for you.

Yes, you are.