Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Darius asked in PetsDogs · 9 years ago

breeding question input please?

would you agree to breed a adba registered american pit bull terrier with an akc registered american stafforshire terrier. please tell me why or why you wouldnt do this

Update:

yes it does because like me i say these are to different breeds but others say they are not thats why i asked the question because i know some breeders do infact do this

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

No.

• ?
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

No reputable breeders do this. Only BYBs looking to make some money.

There is no point in breeding two different breeds. The only thing that will come of it.. is mutt puppies.

And to clear something up... they are NOT the same breed. An American Staffordshire is an American Staffordshire and an American Pit Bull Terrier is an American Pit Bull Terrier. Period.

• 9 years ago

Does this REALLY need to be asked?

NO just hell no

Reasons why

1. Two different breeds

2. Pups can't be registered with any legit registry

3. Afuckingain TWO DIFFERENT BREEDS. Even an AKC Amstaff that's dual registered as an APBT wouldn't be acceptable.

4. I've got no interest in breeding crap.

• 9 years ago

I think the real APBT and the Amstaff have diverged so much they really are 2 different breeds and breeding them together would not be improving either.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Tee
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Number one reason not to : too manydogs now...so many in shelters being euthanized. Breeding just adds to the problem.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.