?
? asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 9 years ago

Do you know anybody named Sybil?

Just curious because I'm named Sybil and I'm the only one in Portugal ( the country where I live).

It's an American name from the Greek, Sibila ( the priestesses).

Do you know anybody named Sybil/ Is your name Sybil? And if so I would like to know if the person is a Sagittarius. Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Yes, I do. A neighbour who is a member of our tenant association

Hope this helps

I had a rather brief romantic interlude with someone who pronounce her name the same way but spelled it "Cybill." I suspect it may have gone further, but her father was working in another state (I live in the United States) and she moved away with her family not long after we met. Not seeing where that would go is one of my very few regrets as far as personal relationships. I do not remember when her birthday is, but I believe it was in the late spring or early summer. Now that I am reminded of her, I may very well see if I can find her. Physically, she was a a slightly more slender version of Morgan Fairchild (the actress), and I actually considered her more attractive than Ms. Fairchild. But the two resembled each other enough that they would have easily been mistaken as sisters had they appeared together.

The more I think about it, the more I think I will see if I can locate her. I will let you know if I do.

Edit added: Now that I have read the other answers and am reminded of Cybill Shepherd, I am thinking the one I knew may well have spelled her name the same way you do. I remember at the time, before she corrected me, spelling her name the way I had seen it,. That stands out in my memory because I very seldom miss words, and even more rarely miss when it is the name of a person. Fond memories there, even though they were few.

• heyhey

Not personally, but Sybil Sheppard (I think she actually spelled her name with a C) was pretty famous back in the 80s when she starred with Bruce Willis on Moonlighting.