Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetOther - Computers · 9 years ago

Assistance with a file type?

Is there a file format (other than .gif) that is able to display moving pictures? I understand that a GIF image is just many different images put together and looped and I was wondering if there was another file type like that. I'm trying to make an avatar picture of a website but they don't accept .gif images so I was looking for something else. I know you can do it because I've seen other people do it an I asked how and all he said was that it USED to be a gif. Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry, but GIF is the only common image type that uses animation. There are a few obscure ones, but if your website doesn't allow GIFs, I doubt it'll allow those.

If SWF is accepted, then your problem is solved. Swf is a flash file, flash files can have animation.